islam4u

islamic, social, cultural

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Prophet Ismaa'eel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Prophet Ismaa'eel   Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:44 am

Prophet Ismaa'eel

(may Allaah exalt his mention)

Ibraaheem (Abraham), may Allaah exalt his mention, arrived in Canaan (present day Palestine) and settled there till he became old. He did not have children because his wife Sarah was sterile.

Sarah felt Ibraaheem’s, may Allaah exalt his mention, desire for children, so she granted him her Egyptian slave-girl Haajar, from whom he had Ismaa'eel. Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, and Haajar were very happy with their son, Ismaa'eel.

Allaah revealed to Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, to take Haajar and their son Ismaa'eel to the south wherein lies the sacred land of Makkah. The place had no plants or water, but Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, left Haajar and her son Ismaa`eel there, following the order of Allaah Exalted be He.

He left a sack of dates and a water container with her. Then he bid them farewell and returned to the land of Canaan. As he was leaving them, she called upon him time after time:

Where are you going Ibraaheem, leaving us in a strange deserted place?

Has Allaah ordered you to do so?

He nodded his head: "Yes".

She said: "So, He will not forsake us".

Ibraaheem left then he turned around and invoked Allaah:

{O our Lord I have made some of my offspring to dwell in an uncultivated valley by your Sacred House in order, our Lord, that they may perform as-Salaah. So fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allaah) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.} [Quran 14]

as sure that He would bestow His mercy upon her and facilitate her affairs. She ate the dates till they were about to run out and drank the water till it finished.

After a while, she felt very thirsty and her son was suffering the pain of thirst. At that time, she climbed Mount As-Safaa in an attempt to find somebody who could rescue her, but she found no one. She descended to the valley and ran till she reached Mount Al-Marwah. Again, she did not find any one. She repeated this seven times. At last, she heard a voice calling for her on Mount Al-Marwah, so she asked it anxiously to rescue her. She found that it was an angel who beat the ground under Ismaa'eel's feet with his wing. Water gushed from beneath Ismaa'eel's feet. She drank, filled the container and breastfed her child. Then she began to form a basin around it so that the sand would not absorb it.

Some people from the Arab tribe of Jurhum were passing by. They saw a bird that was always flying around and landing on the same place. They realized there was water. When they reached the place, they saw Haajar. They asked her permission to stay with her and she allowed them. Ismaa`eel was brought up among them and learnt the Arabic language. Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, did not abandon Haajar and their son Ismaa'eel, but visited them from time to time. One night, Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, saw a dream in which he slaughtered his son Ismaa`eel. The visions of the prophets are true, and a form of revelation from Allaah, Exalted is He. This was so hard for Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, but his belief in Allaah was greater than his fear. He accepted the vision and went to his son who had become older by then and talked to him in private:
{O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you. So look what you think!} [Quran, 37: 102]
Ismaa`eel, may Allaah exalt his mention, answered

{O my father! Do that which you are commanded, inshaa'allaah (if Allaah wills), you will find me of the patient.} [Quran, 37: 102].

The father took his only son and went away with him. He tied him, laid him face down and sharpened a knife. He was about to slaughter him, but at that very moment Allaah called him: Allaah Says (what means): {We called out to him: "O Ibraaheem! You have fulfilled the dream!" Verily, thus do We reward the muhsinoon (good-doers). Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial.} [Quran, 37: 104-106].

Immediately Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, stopped and Allaah allowed him to sacrifice a sheep in place of Ismaa`eel, may Allaah his mention.

From that time onwards it became a ritual performed by Muslims on `Eed Al-Adh-Haa in commemoration of that day.

In one of his journeys to Haajar, Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, said to Ismaa'eel:

Allaah ordered me to build a house here and he pointed to a high place. Ismaa`eel, may Allaah exalt his mention, immediately obeyed him. Ibraaheem and Ismaa'eel, may Allaah exalt their mention, began to set the foundation of the sacred Mosque. Ismaa'eel, may Allaah exalt his mention, brought the stones and Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, was the builder, and so they continued until the building became high. Ibraaheem stood on the Stone (the station of Ibraaheem) and said:

{Our Lord! Accept this from us. Verily, You are the Hearer, the All-Knower. Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You and show us our manasik (all ceremonies of hajj and Umra), and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.} [Quran 2, 127-128]

After they had built the Ka'bah, Allaah ordered Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, to call people for pilgrimage. {And proclaim to the people the hajj [pilgrimage]; they will come to you on foot and on every lean camel; they will come from every distant pass.} [Quran, 22: 27]

Ibraaheem, may Allaah exalt his mention, left Makkah and Ismaa`eel, may Allaah exalt his mention, remained there to look after the Ka'bah, followed by his sons. After a long period of time, Allaah sent His prophet Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, to continue the message of his fathers Ibraaheem and Ismaa'eel, may Allaah exalt their mention, and to be the last prophet and messenger..

ADD A COMEMNT

PLEASE PASTE OUR LINK TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER,YAHOO GROUPS, SEARCH ENGINES, E-MAIL LISTING etc AND HELP IN PROMOTING IT

http://islam4u.montadamoslim.com/

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://islam4u.montadamoslim.com

Prophet Ismaa'eel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1